Good Nutrition Promotes Good Health
The old adage still rings true – you are what you eat!
At Winthrop Pediatric Associates our Registered Dietitians are dedicated to providing nutrition education to children of all ages. Our priority is to help you establish and meet your child’s nutrition goals by working with you to develop a plan that fits your child’s lifestyle. We believe in a personal, child friendly, family oriented approach to nutrition management.
We understand and can manage your nutritional needs at Winthrop Pediatric Associates.
Download a 3-day Food Diary here
Our Services Include:
- Medical Nutrition Therapy for Pediatric Patients
- Nutrition Evaluation/Nutrition Counseling
- Personalized instruction includes:
- Tailored meal plans, appropriate educational materials, support and follow-up, carbohydrate counting, disease specific nutrition intervention, portion control, reading food labels and recipe modifications.
- Disease Specific Nutrition Intervention
- Diabetes/ Prediabetes/ Hypoglycemia
Weight management/ Obesity/ Overweight
Failure to Thrive
- Special Diet instructions:
- high calorie
- low calorie
- Programs offered:
- The Healthy Kids Program
- The CHANGE Program
- Nutrition visits are held with family members and are child-oriented
We consult with your physician to ensure your nutrition plan meets your child’s specific health needs. Making nutrition and lifestyle changes can greatly enhance your health and any treatment plan, as prescribed by your physician.
- Have a Master’s of Science degree in Foods and Nutrition
- Are registered by the American Dietetic Association
- Are Certified by the State of New York
- Have completed an American Dietetic Association accredited internship or post-graduate training
- Experience working with children and teens
Continuing education requirements for Registered and Certified Dietitians are your assurance that you are receiving current information on the impact of nutrition on your health care.
- Individual and/or follow-up nutrition sessions are available for patients; One-hour initial sessions and 1/2-hour to one-hour follow-up sessions are available.
- Patient must check with individual insurance company to make sure nutrition is a covered service based on diagnosis and plan. The Dietitian being in your plan does not necessarily mean the service is covered.
- If insurance is to reimburse for the service, a referral must be completed and any necessary insurance authorization received prior to the appointment. A physician referral is often needed prior to scheduling an appointment with the Registered Dietitian. Your physician may send the information to us or you may bring it with you to your first appointment. The insurance co-pay or complete payment for service is payable at the time of the appointment.
- Self-pay patients are welcome. A referral form and specific health information may be required to assure the medical nutrition therapy meets your individual needs. Complete payment for service is payable at the time of the appointment.
For More Information
For more information about our Registered Dietitians/Nutritionists and to schedule an appointment please call Winthrop Pediatric Associates at (516) 663-4600.