Programs and Services
The Healthy Lungs for Kids Program
A comprehensive respiratory evaluation, diagnosis and treatment program for infants,children, adolescents and young adults.
Winthrop Pediatric Associates' Pulmonology Program treats children suffering from a wide range of acute and chronic congenital, inherited and acquired breathing disorders, including:
• Acute Bronchiolitis/ Respiratory
syncytial virus (RSV)
• Asthma (Reactive Airway Disease)
• Brochopulmonary Dysplasia (Chronic Lung Disease of Prematurity)
• Bronchiectasis and other chronic Suppurative Disorders
• Children with Tracheostomies
• Children on Ventilators
• Chronic Aspiration Syndromes
• Chronic Cough and Bronchitis
• Croup (Laryngotracheobronchitis)
• Cystic Fibrosis
• Exercise-Induced Asthma
• Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) & Pulmonary Complications
• Laryngotracheomalacia and bronchomalacia
• Neuromuscular Disease
• Noisy Breathing
• Obstructive Sleep Apnea
• Persistent Wheezing
• Pneumonia, Pleural Effusion & Empyema
• Pectus deformities
• Pulmonary Tuberculosis
• Sleep Disordered Breathing/ Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome
Asthma & Allergy Patient Education Program
The Pulmonary Nurse Practitioner offers individualized education for children and families to help them manage asthma and allergies.
Brochopulmonary Dysplasia Program
Program designed for premature infants at high risk for lung problems.
Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
State-of-the-art, non-invasive testing to assess a child’s heart and lung function, which includes Exercise Challenge Testing to diagnose exercise induced asthma and comprehensive pulmonary function testing to determine if obstructive or restrictive diseases exist.
Exhaled Nitric Oxide Testing
This newest technology is utilized to determine the degree of airway inflammation, which is present in patients with asthma.
Evaluates infants and children with acute and chronic pulmonary conditions.
Nutrition Services Offered
- Nutrition counseling
- Individual meal plans
- Advanced carbohydrate counting
- Goal-setting (short-term and long-term) to improve your health and quality of life
- Instruction on promoting good nutrition and healthy lifestyle
- Learn about healthy food choices and benefits on balanced meals
- Design healthy ideas that are tasty and work within your individual plan
- Understand how the body processes food nutrients
- Monitor your nutritional parameters (albumin, hemoglobin, A1C, cholesterol)
- Make recommendations to your physician and team on nutrition, changes, labs, or supplements
- Weight Management Specialists
For more information, click here.
Pediatric Sleep Disorder Services
Evaluation, testing and management of children with sleep problems.
Test used to measure the volume of air entering and leaving the lungs; used routinely during office visits to assess asthma control.
A non-invasive test to diagnose Cystic Fibrosis
The Carleigh McCormack Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Lab
Winthrop Pediatric Associates provides comprehensive cardiopulmonary evaluations of pediatric patients in The Carleigh McCormack Laboratory – a new, sophisticated state-of-the-art exercise physiology resource. For more information, please click here.
Contact Winthrop Pediatric Associates today to make an appointment.
Winthrop Pediatric Associates proudly serves Nassau & Suffolk counties in Long Island, New York, and the entire NY-Metropolitan area.