Patient & Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
The Family Advisory Council operates through consensus, and all active members may participate in the Council’s decision-making process. Membership consists of individuals who have or whose family member has received care at The Children’s Medical Center at Winthrop-University Hospital.
The Advisory Council:
- Works in collaboration with the staff of The Children’s Medical Center at Winthrop-University Hospital (WUH) to promote and facilitate family-centered care
- Works with WUH staff to improve the patient experience in all WUH facilities
- Offers input to WUH leadership in planning and evaluating services, programs, and policies that are responsive to the needs of patients and their families
- Promotes a positive relationship between WUH and the community and to serve as a liaison between the hospital and the community
Teen Advisory Council (TAC)
The Winthrop-University Hospital’s Teen Advisory Council’s mission is to act as an advocate for the Children’s Medical Center’s teens and pediatric patients to ensure their unique needs are met and their voices are heard.
Teen Advisory Council Purpose:
- To work in collaboration with the staff of The Children’s Medical Center at Winthrop-University Hospital (WUH) to promote and facilitate family and patient- centered care
- To work with WUH staff to improve the patient experience of care in all WUH facilities
- Give teen patients, teen siblings of patients and teen volunteers a forum to voice their thoughts, ideas and concerns regarding WUH’s programming, policies, environment and overall care pertaining to the pediatric population
- Provide an opportunity for members to develop and practice self advocacy skills
- To promote a positive relationship between WUH and the community