Good Nutrition Promotes Good Health
At Winthrop Pediatric Associates our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN) are dedicated to providing nutrition education to children of all ages. Our priority is to help you establish and meet your child’s nutrition goals by working with you to develop a plan that fits your child’s lifestyle. We believe in a personal, child friendly, family oriented approach to nutrition management.
We understand and can manage your nutritional needs at Winthrop Pediatric Associates.
Our Services Include:
- Medical Nutrition Therapy for Pediatric Patients
- Nutrition Evaluation/Nutrition Counseling
- Personalized instruction includes:
– Tailored meal plans, appropriate educational materials, support and follow-up, carbohydrate
counting, disease specific nutrition intervention, portion control, reading food labels and recipe
- Disease Specific Nutrition Intervention
- Diabetes/ Prediabetes/ Hypoglycemia
- Weight management/ Obesity/ Overweight
- Failure to Thrive
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Renal Disease
- Prader Willi
Special Diet instructions:
- High/low calorie
- low cholesterol/triglycerides
- low sodium
Nutrition visits are held with family members and are child-oriented. We consult with your physician to ensure your nutrition plan meets your child’s specific health needs. Making nutrition and lifestyle changes can greatly enhance your health and any treatment plan, as prescribed by your physician.
- Have a Master’s of Science degree in Foods and Nutrition
- Are registered by the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (ADA)
- Are Certified by the State of New York (CDN)
- Have completed an American Dietetic Association accredited internship or post-graduate training
- Experience working with children, teens and families
Continuing education requirements for Registered and Certified Dietitians are your assurance that you are receiving current information on the impact of nutrition on your health care.
Individual and/or follow-up nutrition sessions are available for patients; One-hour initial sessions and 1/2-hour to one-hour follow-up sessions are available.